JOIN OUR TEAM
Bearfoot Theory Content & Community Manager
Want to work with a team of self-driven, outdoor-loving women doing something that you love? Want to merge your passion for travel and adventure with your career? We are looking for a kickass Content and Community Manager to take charge of our blog and social media channels. It’s a one-of-a-kind opportunity to learn the ins and outs of online business, under our mentorship, and to be part of the next chapter of Bearfoot Theory.
What are we looking for
Before we get down to details, we need to start with the following caveat. If anybody knows how to have a good time, it’s us…but, we take our business very seriously, and we expect whoever is in this position to do the same. We are looking for a detail-oriented, proactive, highly-organized person with excellent writing skills and a strong work ethic. For someone who takes leadership of their role and is committed to our vision, there is potential for this to quickly grow into a full-time position, with some pretty amazing perks.
Second, you need to be a competent outdoor enthusiast with diverse outdoor experiences. You don’t have to be the next Alex Honnold, but you need to be confident in your outdoor skill set and your ability to help others be more informed and responsible in the outdoors. Also, we are gear nerds at heart.
Finally, you need to have stellar writing skills and a good visual eye. As content and community manager, you’ll be responsible for communicating with our readers, drafting social media posts, writing blog posts, designing social graphics and PDFs, and more. Through comprehensive training, we will expect you to capture the BFT voice and brand in all of your work.
We don’t expect you to come on board having experience in every aspect of the job. However, we do expect you to come with a willingness to be challenged and to learn, as we teach you the ropes.
With that all out of the way, we think this is a really sweet position, and if you think you would make a positive addition to the BFT team, we hope you’ll apply.
Please set aside at least 30-60 minutes to complete the application. This is a chance for us to get to know you, so please be thoughtful and thorough in your answers. Thanks, and we can’t wait to review your application.
Bearfoot Theory Content & Community Manager Responsibilities
Position responsibilities include the following. We can train you in areas you aren’t experienced in, but please mention the experience you do have in the application.
Social Media Management
- Take the lead on and manage our social channels, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest
- Utilize Tailwind to schedule pins on Pinterest
- Create unique and engaging content, draft captions, and select quality photos
- Create social media graphics
- Respond to questions, comments, and messages
- Stay current on the latest social trends, tools, and techniques
- Take the lead on and manage BFT’s Facebook groups, including membership approvals, creating engaging content, facilitating discussion, answering questions, etc
- Respond to reader email inquiries
- Respond to reader comments
Blog Management / Content Creation
- Create and maintain a content calendar to guide our blog post publication and sharing schedule
- Research and write blog posts
- Format blog posts in WordPress
- Draft captions and share blog content across all social channels
- Share latest blog content in weekly newsletters
- Write and design downloadable PDFs and resources
- Use graphic design programs (Canva, Photoshop) to create Pinterest graphics in line with the BFT brand
Required Skills (These are non-negotiable)
- Excellent writing skills
- Ability to write in a variety of formats, from headlines and short captions to full-length blog posts
- Excellent verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and to work well with a team.
- Good visual eye (ability to pick out quality photos and recognize good design, etc)
- Ability to work independently with minimal oversight
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Strong organizational skills
- Fluent written and verbal English
Additional Skills We’d Love If You Had (Bonus points)
- Experience working remotely
- Familiarity with Bearfoot Theory content
- Experience managing social media accounts
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience in email marketing
- Experience writing for online publications
- Experience writing website copy
- Basic SEO knowledge
- Basic design skills (ability to use Photoshop, Canva, Adobe Acrobat and/or other design tools)
- Experience using online collaboration tools such as Google Drive, Zoom, Asana etc
- A high-quality laptop with a strong and consistent WiFi connection
- Ability to do regular video calls
- BA/BS degree
- This is a contract position (1099) at 20-30 hours per week
- Compensation is dependent on experience and fit
- You will have the flexibility to work from anywhere, on your own schedule, as long as you meet our expectations and your responsibilities
- Additional potential perk
Think you got what it takes? Apply now!
Access the application at the button below. Know someone you think would be a good fit? Help spread the word!