When you go on holiday you can choose to have someone else take care of your best friend or you can take your four-legged pal with you. But is the latter best for your dog or is it just nice for yourself? For you and your pet, it is important that a number of things are properly arranged to ensure that your holiday goes as smooth as possible!
Why renting a camper with your dog is a good idea!
When you have a dog, you want to be able to take it with you on holiday. Enjoy a walk in nature or get a breath of fresh air on the beach. However, looking to buy a camper can be very expensive, especially if you don’t go on holiday that often. Renting a camper then becomes an ideal solution, but for many rental companies, unfortunately dogs are not allowed. If you still decide to be a little bit cheeky and take your dog with you, you can incur a pricey fine, along with additional cleaning costs. Fortunately at Camptoo we have a number of campers for rent where your dog can come along. Our vehicles are easy to rent and allow you to get out and about with your best mate!
6 tips for camping with your dog
1. Ensure a good oxygen supply in the camper and NEVER leave your dog in a closed vehicle. Animals can easily overheat and even die if no windows are open. Better yet: take your dog along for a walk! It is also good to put a sign behind your window that a dog is on board, so that bystanders can respond to situations that might occur.
2. Make sure your pet is chipped and registered so that your dog can always be found again. You should not forget to lose sight of your four-legged friend in an unfamiliar environment, so take measures to that end, in addition to providing a name tag on the collar.
3. Provide a pin that you can put into the ground, to which you can attach your dog’s leash. This way you don’t have to worry about your dog running away and fellow campers don’t have to be afraid of a strange dog in the tent. In many places it is also not allowed that dogs run free.
4. Take your dog into account when making plans. It may be uncomfortable for your pet to be in a different environment and moreover dogs are not welcome everywhere, so choose your destination wisely. Make sure that there is enough freedom of movement for them in between trips, so that everyone can stretch their legs and be able to travel for longer with less stops.
5. Make sure your dog is seated properly while driving to prevent accidents. Secure the dog in a car seat (if they fit, otherwise they do make special doggy ones! ) or with a harness so that you don’t have to worry about your pet flying through the car while you are driving. This way your favorite pet can often still look out the window and enjoy the surroundings.
6. Also note the rules regarding pets may differ per campsite. For example, in some places your pooch must be on a lead at all times so look it up carefully before you travel!
Pet-friendly motorhomes and caravans
Do you want to be sure that your pet is allowed in the caravan or camper that you rent via Camptoo? Click on the button below for an overview of all vehicles in which your four-legged friend is able to join you for an adventure!
Have more questions for us? No problem, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 03 9988 6111 for more information and assistance.
Camptoo Support Team
Camptoo? What do we do?
How could we potentially help you?
If you own a motorhome, campervan or caravan we can help you rent it out when it’s not being used. We make this super easy for owners around Australia to earn an income and do the heavy lifting. If you want to learn more then click here
If you are looking to hire a motorhome, campervan or caravan you can browse Camptoo’s unique vehicles here